Monday, September 28, 2009

Save the Black Rooster!

I discovered over the weekend from my friends in the Potomac Rugby Union that one of the local rugby pubs in Washington DC is under threat of closure. The building is owned by the Peace Corps and wanted to expand there offices at the expense of the pub.
I have frequented the Black Rooster Pub many times during my time in DC and is a proud sponsor of
Northern Virginia Rugby Football Club, whose woman's team I have had the pleasure of refereeing. Its been a pillar of the community for over 39 years and I, along with many others, would like to see continue serving the locals and visitors to the Capital.

If you are in DC and would like to help, please swing by the pub on
1919 L Street NW and sign the petition. If not, you can still help by joining their Facebook group. I will post some updates as things progress.

Popular Posts