Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Q&A with Taking Flight Rugby Winner James Sadler

Taking Flight Winners Darrin Curle (Left) and
James Sadler (Right) with Rob Schnabel (Middle)
As part of special report for A Rugby Life, Bakline's Rob Schnabel headed out to Rugbytown USA to join the Taking Flight rugby inaugural winners for a rugby filled weekend with Serevi.  

While he was out there, he got the chance to sit down with the lads and chat about their experience at the camp and their future ambitions.  


First up, James Sadler.



Rob: What was your experience being at Infinity Park?
James: Being at Infinity Park was a great experience! In Oregon, we do not exactly have the state of the art facilities when it comes to rugby only areas, and it was an amazing experience to see the lifeblood of rugby at such a great place with good weather! 

Rob:  Being in the camp and watching the tournament.
James: The camp wasn't very "advanced" but I really enjoyed myself and had a great time while also learning a lot more about the nescary skills you need to master in order to truly improve your game. Watching the tournament was an experience that I will not forget for some time, It was my first time watching professional rugby from pitch-side seats and I really had a great time! 

Rob:  What was your reaction when you realized you won?
James: I had just came back from work about midnight one night and just so happen to check my email at that time and at first I was in complete shock. I told my family and they were all very happy for me and from that time on until I landed in Denver I was just ecstatic and full of excitement for such a great experience. 

Rob:  Towards the end of the camp, how it was taking part? Beneficial? Improvements?
James: The camp progressively got more intense and more beneficial throughout the end of the two days and really helped me to self-evaluate my skills and also receive good constructive criticism from some the world's best players of all time. 

Rob:  What are your future rugby ambitions?
James: My future rugby ambitions are to start soon for my team at Western Oregon University but hopefully over time with hard work and dedication get on the radar for the US Men's National Team and also receive international contracts like Todd Clever.  

You can check out James's winning entry over on Youtube and to learn more about the Taking Flight Rugby Program, head on over to takingflightrugby.com.  After the break, Q&A with our second winner, Darrin Curle.

Popular Posts